New Light Technologies is looking for a Messaging and Directory Services SME. Messaging and Directory Services Subject Matter Expert (SME) position requires in-depth knowledge of Microsoft-based infrastructure design and development, messaging and directory services best-practices and advanced knowledge of systems engineering, operations and management. The consultant should have architect level experience planning, documenting, installing, managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting high-availability Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 environments. Active Directory for Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, a wide range of wireless messaging technologies and advanced knowledge of messaging security and hygiene.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of Messaging Systems. Hosted applications include but are not limited to, Microsoft Exchange servers, Windows 2012 / 2012R2 and 2008 R2 domain controllers, DNS servers, ADFS servers, and Azure AD Connect servers.
- Lead messaging projects, software upgrades, architecture changes and implementation of new components within the environment.
- Develop procedures for routine Exchange server maintenance tasks such as realigning Exchange database copies within DAGs, moving mailboxes, etc.
- Troubleshoot Messaging Server issues, working in collaboration with other relevant IT areas and vendor support towards a quick and effective resolution.
- Develop Office 365 migration strategy for on-premises Exchange servers to Exchange online.
- Responsible for monitoring and resolving Service Desk escalated incident and problem tickets assigned to the Exchange team. All incidents should be worked to service level targets and resolutions documented in call detail.
- Monitor performance levels and capacity of supported applications, and assist in proper capacity planning and management.
- On-Call rotation required
- Engage with tools team to ensure proper monitoring of all supported Messaging Applications.
- Engage in Messaging Engineering activities as required, such as developing build documents, testing configurations and patches, and planning deployments.
- Support the AD consolidation project, which consists of migrating multiple child domains and disparate AD forests into the Enterprise Active Directory Forest.
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and third party migration products for the duration of the project.
- Develop and enhance PowerShell scripts as needed.
Must possess good communications and writing skills, be organized, have ability to define and socialize new processes, able to effect change in a dynamic environment, comfortable working at many org levels, & must be team-oriented and performance-oriented.
No Submittals After: 08/12/2016