New Light Technologies seeks an experienced Data Center Infrastructure Support Technician.
The Data Center Infrastructure Support Technician will be a member of a cross-functional team of engineers and technicians supporting the client’s various data centers’ facilities and District programs.
The objective of this procurement is to assist with the operation, maintenance, and on-going customer support of the Data Center facilities and the programs/applications that are supported by them. The operation and maintenance includes, but not limited to, the power support systems, environmental conditioning systems, and the overall physical installation. Will work with managers and staff on ensuring the cleanliness of the data center, optimal organization of equipment racking, management of the power needs and connectivity, ensuring patch cables and power cords are properly and accurately run and neatly dressed. Assisting with the operational logistics, transportation and asset management of data center devices insuring optimal placement based on space, function, connectivity, power and cooling allocations. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor power, cooling/environmental, security and support systems.
- Monitor and operate data centers’ critical functions and facilities to meet or exceed up-time service levels.
- Provide production support to the various teams including: Server, SAN, Main Frame, Network, Messaging, and Security.
- Provide “remote hands” assistance, as requested by support teams and customers.
- Respond physically to trouble situations within the local facility and conduct initial troubleshooting as may be required.
- Perform hardware installations including cabinets/racks, shelves, power strips, raids, cable management, and customer equipment (servers and network devices).
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team; able to interact with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
No Submittals After: 08/19/2016