Messaging Engineer position requires in-depth knowledge of Microsoft-based messaging infrastructure design and development, messaging and directory services best-practices and advanced knowledge of systems engineering, operations and management. The consultant should have an in-depth level of experience planning, documenting, installing, managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting high-availability Exchange Server 2007 and 2013 environments. Understanding of Active Directory for Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, a wide range of wireless messaging technologies and advanced knowledge of messaging security and hygiene.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of Messaging Systems. Hosted applications include but are not limited to, clustered Microsoft Exchange servers 2007 and 2013, Windows 2012 / 2012R2 and 2008 R2 domain controllers and DNS servers.
- Lead messaging projects, software upgrades, architectural changes and implementation of new components within the environment.
- Develop procedures for routine Exchange server maintenance tasks such as realigning Exchange database copies within DAGs, moving mailboxes, etc.
- Troubleshoot Messaging Server issues, working in collaboration with other relevant IT areas and vendor support towards a quick and effective resolution.
- Develop Office 365 migration strategy for on-premises Exchange servers to Exchange online.
- Responsible for monitoring and resolving Service Desk escalated incident and problem tickets assigned to the Exchange team. All incidents should be worked to service level targets and resolutions documented in call detail.
- On-call rotation required.
- Monitor performance levels and capacity of supported applications, and assist in proper capacity planning and management.
- Engage with Network Operations Center (NOC) team to ensure proper monitoring of all supported Messaging Applications.
- Engage in Messaging Engineering activities as required, such as developing build documents, testing configurations and patches, and planning deployments.
- Support the AD consolidation project, which consists of migrating multiple child domains and disparate AD forests into the Enterprise Active Directory Forest.
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and third party migration products for the duration of the project.
- Develop and enhance PowerShell scripts as needed.
No Submittals After: 06/30/2016