New Light Technologies (NLT’s) client is seeking two (2) SME Data Analysts to promote the quality and transparency of education data and to inform policy and practice. The data analyst will support efforts to complete research and data requests, standardize data across the client’s agencies and external community organizations. This position is listed to go through the end of May 2020 with the possibility to extend it further.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
- 6-10 yrs as SME in complex enterprise-level projects
- Professional research skills to produce written and oral reports
- Strong experience with SQL 2005 and above
- Experience in Stata
- Experienced in the product QLIK Sense.
- Synthesize available data to present meaningful and pertinent facts and results
- Experience with large complex data sets
- Strong documentation skills
- Proficiency in data visualization skills.
- Knowledge of data analytics and quality assurance best practices.
- Ability to execute multiple projects and/or deliverables simultaneously and on time
- Serves as a data analyst in the completion of education data deliverables including but not limited to research reports, public and federal reporting requirements and stakeholder requests.
- Uses subject matter expertise to support stakeholders in joint visioning of data analytic projects and deliverables and related methodologies and business rules.
- Creates data specifications, code, and output in alignment with data analytic principles and best practices.
- Provides timely and comprehensive data support concerning data analytics for the client’s various divisions and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with team members and across the agency to produce timely, accurate and informative data analytics.
- Supports improvements in data quality including the standardization of data across public and public charter schools and community-based organizations.
- Serves as a data steward in the proper use and protection of data.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Education background - degree and/or work