Client requires a GIS analyst/programmer to enhance our online mapping resources, to assist us with creating high-quality cartographic products in-house, and to perform advanced geospatial analyses.
Client's mission is to guide development of the District of Columbia, including the preservation and revitalization of our distinctive neighborhoods, by informing decisions, advancing strategic goals, encouraging the highest quality outcomes, and engaging all communities. To fulfill this mission the client maintains a dedicated GIS team providing high-quality mapping, spatial analysis, and spatial applications to internal and external customers. The GIS team is part of the Citywide Strategy and Analysis Division, which also includes the State Data Center as well as sector-based expertise related to housing, transportation, sustainability, infrastructure and economic development. The Division undertakes cross sector research, data and spatial analysis to develop cohesive and integrated policies and plans that guide urban change. The GIS team works to ensure that all participants in the planning process have access to the information they need about the District, and develops innovative tools for visualizing spatial information.
The GIS Analyst/Programmer will use tools such as ArcMap and ArcGIS Professional to deliver high-quality cartographic products to internal and external customers. Client’s ArcMap environment has been enhanced with productivity tools developed in-house; we expect similar enhancements to become available for ArcGIS Professional. Maps will follow client’s cartographic standards and conventions. This is a customer service function, and the GIS Analyst/Programmer will need to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, sometimes on short deadlines.
Under the direction of Client’s Chief Information Officer, the GIS Analyst/Programmer may use tools such as Modelbuilder, Network Analyst, and Python scripting to work with other members of the clientGIS team and staff on advanced analytical tasks.
The GIS Analyst/Programmer will be expected to communicate effectively with peers within the client GIS team and the Citywide Division, and with the client staff in general, sometimes under time pressure.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and supports enterprise complex projects.
2. Interfaces with other offices, consult with and inform user departments on system requirements, resolve problems and operating difficulties for the current and future enhancements to District’s system.
3. Participates in problem resolution related to system design and implementation review.
4. Recommends approval of functional and technical design documents and implementation of systems, program enhancements and updates of applications.
5. Analyzes and evaluates system changes to determine feasibility, alternative solutions and back-up procedures.
6. Works on the development of new systems, upgrades and enhancements to existing systems and ensure systems are in compliance with approved standards.
7. Develops complex programs and reports in database query language
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience