Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
The QA analyst will be performing the quality assurance activities for two primary systems –Tax system and core financial system and other related applications. The QA Analyst will become fully familiar with all the functional requirements of all the applications and will be responsible for planning, writing, and executing QA and QC plans and test cases for the mainframe based applications as well as other web based applications. - Fully understand the internal and external software processes - Design test plans, review functional requirement documentation and present test cases for project team review - Submit, regress, and verify defects Test database interactions at both the end-user and back-end levels - Work with development engineers to create scripts to facilitate ad hoc testing as well as provide valuable input on creating more sophisticated, cross-platform QA tools which will assist the manual test process - Experienced in performance and capacity testing - Be proactive and exercise flexibility and multi-tasking ability in a high stress environment
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
2. Designs, implements, and conducts test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
3. Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products. Also writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
4. Serves as subject matter specialist providing testing know- how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
5. Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements :
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience