NLT client is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer Master with 16+ years of experience. Your role will formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements, responsible for designing, developing, and troubleshooting network issues.
Work involves the analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the infrastructure communications and network architecture to align IT strategy, plans, and networks with the mission, goals, structure, and processes of the organization.
Design and implement solutions to meet the business requirements supporting District’s next generation network infrastructure including data centers and cloud architecture.
Develop architectural strategy, including technology standardization and modernization for all District’s enterprise and service provider networks supporting Unified Communications, and Data Security initiatives:
• Participate in high level business and technical meetings to identify potential network engineering projects.
• Perform gap analysis and suggest solutions to meet customer needs.
• Develop reference architecture and strategic road maps.
• Gather and analyze data and develop requirements at project level.
• Provide support to the Network Operations and Engineering teams for all DC-Net products and platforms.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
• Plan, design and implement LAN/WAN/Security solutions that are in line with industry standards and meet government regulatory compliance
• Review, assess, and recommend network standards to support, routing & switching, data centers, cloud-based architectures
• Evaluate the current state of the network, provide recommendations and implement solution to ensure the network architecture are updated with latest industry best practices.
• Produce High Level Design and Low Level Design documentation for network projects.
• Produce and participate in RFP development for new products and services
• Develop Statement of Work, Bill of Material and supporting documents for products and solutions that meet Government procurement process.
• Participate and perform regular network audits to ensure adherence to government security and regulatory compliance.
• Participate on operational support calls by troubleshooting and providing root cause analysis report for critical network failures.
• Collaborate with external telecommunication and network firms to resolve issues with external service providers
• Peer review network configuration changes and provide training to empower engineers and operational staff on performing network infrastructure support and maintenance
• Provide Tier 4 support for all operational related issues escalated via Tier 2/3 engineers
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
2. Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products.
3. Identifies best practices and standards for the use of the product.
4. Delivers support and design for industry specific technologies that require integration with systems or networks.
5. Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
6. Functions as a niche technical SME.
7. Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for systems.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience