Position Title: Data hunter
Location: Washington, DC Area
Salary: Negotiable based on commensurate experience and education.
New Light Technologies (NLT) provides comprehensive Information Technology, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing technology consulting and staffing solutions for government, commercial, and non-profit organizations. NLT employs a cadre of experienced project managers, infrastructure experts, system architects, data scientists, web developers, geospatial experts and software engineers who work across a broad range of COTS, Open Source, and custom technologies to devise the best solutions. NLT specializes in DevOps enterprise-scale Systems Design, Integration, Development, and Management, and offers exceptional capabilities in Infrastructure Modernization, Cloud Migration & Management, Virtualization, Microservices, & Containerized Computing, and the development of High-Performance Mobile Computing solutions.
NLT has a diverse customer base and is looking to bring on team members to work on-site, virtually, and embedded with our customers to help them reach, meet, and exceed their mission goals in every engagement. NLT offers competitive salaries and benefits including PTO, Healthcare, access to a vast network of group benefits such as commuter benefits and retirement plan access. NLT is an equal opportunity employer
We are seeking Geospatial Data Hunter in Washington, DC. Please review the detailed job description given below:
- Experience using geospatial data sources from industry, academia, the Intelligence Community (IC), the Military, and the scientific community.
- Experience discovering, requesting, downloading, and reformatting IC and external geospatial data.
- Experience organizing and formatting data into Esri file geodatabases, raster catalogs, and Oracle databases.
- Experience using ArcGIS.
- Familiarity with open source geospatial tools.
- Conceptual, quantitative, organizational, research, writing, verbal communication, and graphical representation skills.
- Sound judgment and creative problem solving and independent working skills.
- Sound interpersonal and teamwork skills to work with individuals and organizations, to include varying levels and types (Government, industry, and academia).
- Facilitation skills to bring diverse groups together on issues and reach consensus across stakeholders.
- The ability to perform complex analyses and to communicate its results using accurate, concise, and effective writing and through descriptive and graphical representations.
- Technical understanding of the systems supporting aspects of the functional areas.
- Knowledge of standard tools [e.g., the Agency Data Services Network (ADSN), iCE workstations, Microsoft Office, the Agency Internet Network (AIN), and the Microsoft Office software applications], as appropriate; and a demonstrated ability to learn to use and support other tools that may be added or developed as the program evolves.
- Flexibility in assisting with ad hoc tasks and in adjusting as tasks are re-prioritized
- Active TS/SCI - ISSA Clearance required.