Position Title: Data Analyst
Location: Washington, DC Area
Clearance: Current TS/SCI ISSA (FS Poly) required
Salary: Negotiable based on commensurate experience and education.
Experience: 3 years of professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, geography, or a related field. Will consider candidates with additional experience in lieu of a degree.
Position Description: This full-time data analyst will curate and manage large amounts of data, mainly geospatial data representing places of interest. The database contains baseline data on a per-country basis, and the candidate will provide the necessary subsets by querying, extracting, and aggregating the data. This dynamic dataset is used to answer interesting and complex intelligence questions. The analyst must have experience with SQL and/or PostGreSQL/PostGIS and knowledge of best practices for data standards, data management, data quality, as well as the ability to communicate analysis to experts and lay persons alike..
Other Technical Skills:
- Some knowledge of geospatial software such as ArcGIS, QGIS (or willingness and ability to learn)
- Knowledge of best practices for data standards, data management, data quality
- Conceptual, quantitative, organizational, research, writing, verbal communication, and graphical representation skills.
- Sound judgment and creative problem solving and independent working skills.
- Sound interpersonal and teamwork skills to work with individuals and organizations, to include varying levels and types (Government, industry, and academia).
- Facilitation skills to bring diverse groups together on issues and reach consensus across stakeholders.
- The ability to perform complex analyses and to communicate its results using accurate, concise, and effective writing and through descriptive and graphical representations.
- Technical understanding of the systems supporting aspects of the functional areas.
- Knowledge of standard tools [e.g., the Agency Data Services Network (ADSN), iCE workstations, Microsoft Office, the Agency Internet Network (AIN), and the Microsoft Office software applications], as appropriate; and a demonstrated ability to learn to use and support other tools that may be added or developed as the program evolves.
- Flexibility in assisting with ad hoc tasks and in adjusting as tasks are re-prioritized.
Travel: Minimal CONUS travel may be required.
Company Information: New Light Technologies (NLT) provides comprehensive Information Technology, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing technology consulting and staffing solutions for government, commercial, and non-profit organizations. NLT employs a cadre of experienced project managers, infrastructure experts, system architects, data scientists, web developers, geospatial experts and software engineers who work across a broad range of COTS, Open Source, and custom technologies to devise the best solutions. NLT specializes in DevOps enterprise-scale Systems Design, Integration, Development, and Management, and offers exceptional capabilities in Infrastructure Modernization, Cloud Migration & Management, Virtualization, Microservices, & Containerized Computing, and the development of High-Performance Mobile Computing solutions.
NLT has a diverse customer base and is looking to bring on team members to work on-site, virtually, and embedded with our customers to help them reach, meet, and exceed their mission goals in every engagement. NLT offers competitive salaries and benefits including PTO, Healthcare, access to a vast network of group benefits such as commuter benefits and retirement plan access. NLT is an equal opportunity employer.