Do you like developing and administering cloud environments? Are you interested in advancing the security of cloud environments to meet the future needs of customers?
New Light Technologies Inc. (NLT), a leading IT services provider based in Washington DC, is currently seeking a full time Cloud Security Engineer to join a team of talented technology professionals building and managing cloud environments supporting missions critical to our nation’s communities, environment, economy, and public safety! The candidate will work with clients to research, test, and evaluate security models, policies, and technologies as well as implement security controls. The candidate will also assist in obtaining FedRAMP compliance for different products and programs. Technical work also includes configuring operating systems to meet STIG controls and designing AWS & Azure deployments to meet common security certifications.
Must have skills:
- Experience working in and developing solutions in commercial and on-premises private cloud environments
- Strong skills and experience developing solutions in AWS or Azure cloud
- Educational background in Information Security or a related professional certification (e.g., CISSP)
- Knowledge of the FedRAMP assessment process and NIST 800-53 security controls especially emerging compliance-as-code standards such as OpenControl
- Cloud computing skills including scripting skills used by service providers including Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Experience taking an organization through a security Authority to Operate process
- Skills working in Linux and Windows environments (strong Linux skills desired) including software scripting in Python and shell environments
- Work directly with end-clients to evaluate and develop cloud-focused security policy
- Assist clients with the development of FedRAMP control answers
- Configure cloud environments to meet common security standards
- Work to configure infrastructure and software to align to FedRAMP specifications
- Commitment to on-going education to stay current with industry trends
Nice to have:
- Hands-on use of security compliance tools like Open Control and Fugue
- Knowledge of the NIST 4300A Sensitive Systems Handbook
- AWS or Azure certification
- CISSP or other security-focused certification
- BASH or PowerShell experience
How to Apply:
Please send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com (with ‘Cloud Security Engineer’’ in the subject line).
New Light Technologies Inc., a small business based in Washington DC, provides comprehensive information technology solutions for clients in government, commercial, and non-profit sectors including extensive experience in public safety & emergency management, transportation, urban planning, demographics & economics, environmental studies, telecommunications, healthcare, and other fields. NLT specializes in DevOps enterprise-scale systems development, management, and staffing and offers unique capabilities in Cloud & IT Infrastructure Modernization, Mobile Computing, Cybersecurity, Big Data Development, Modeling & Analytics, Geospatial Information Systems, and the Development of High Performance Web-based Visualization Solutions.