Client is seeking to engage an IT Consultant to provide high level ITL and database
16+ years of experience. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
The Client's mission is to provide “high quality, timely, accurate, and reliable forensic science services…[using] best practices and best available technology; a focus on unbiased science and transparency; and the goal of enhancing public safety”. Client is in the process and will continue to implement new IT systems to support its mission and requires a Project Manager to manage and coordinate the actives across the agency.
Climate is implementing a number of IT systems across the agency which includes a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) environment to provide data and case management across all its laboratories, manage the forensic information resulting from analysis and evaluation, and maintain the Chain of Custody for all crime scene evidence and public health specimens within the laboratories.
Additional IT Consultant expertise is required and must have at least 10 years of experience in IT consulting and software development. The IT consultant must have experience in helping large organization set technical strategies; at least 15 years of experience in Software architecture including large scale enterprise systems. Experience working with scientists and scientific systems; including experience with key forensics sciences such as DNA (Genomics) analysis, data analysis, large data sets, and various forensics systems such as AIS, STaCSDNA, Chemware/Horizon PHL LIMS, JusticeTrax LIMS, and LIMS systems in general is required.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience