NLT Client is seeking an IT consultant (GIS) is to assist Program Staff in various data creation, quality control, development, and maintenance activities as part of the District of Columbia Geographic Information System (DCGIS) enterprise geodatabase.
- Perform implementation, processing, and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC on updated and new DC GIS data, as well as compile metadata.
- Create, translate and integrate GIS data layers, and digitize new data using a variety of software.
- Coordinate with other technicians and analysts in various data development, update, and project support initiatives.
- Provide technical expertise and support to District agencies, personnel, and users in GIS and data efforts.
- Complete special requests for various Agencies by utilizing existing data, analyzing results, and producing reports, maps, and supporting documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience