The client requires additional help desk resource to support the day to day activities.
6-10 years of experience. Provide technical assistance to computer system users on a variety of issues.
The Department’s mission is to provide “high quality, timely, accurate, and reliable forensic science services… [using] best practices and best available technology; a focus on unbiased science and transparency; and the goal of enhancing public safety.”
Client wants to hire a resource who may be scheduled to cover the period 7.00am to 7:00pm Monday to Friday.
Desktop support personnel to respond to users’ support requests. Duties include:
• Monitoring the ticketing system for technical support requests within the agency
• Setting up new computers, phones, printers, scanners and Audio-Visual equipment on agency network
• Troubleshooting the technical equipment and fixing problems
• Installing software such as Windows desktop and Windows Servers, and Microsoft Office
• Setting up Outlook and adding users to Washington DC network
• Installing agency and lab specific software on users’ computer such as LIMS systems
• Installing and upgrading drivers for various equipment on Windows machines and A+ knowledge of
computer hardware and software installation and configuration
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Provide technical assistance to computer system users on a variety of issues.
2. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
3. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
4. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
5. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
6. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
7. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
8. Provide service and preventive maintenance activities on terminals, printers, personal computers basic knowledge of electrical/mechanical principles and basic electronics.
9. Reads and comprehends technical service manuals and publications.
10. Knowledge of basic mathematics to read and understand various gauges, meters, and measurement devices.
11. Able to diagnose and repair products by replacing worn or broken parts, and making technical adjustments.
12. Makes appropriate use of reference publications and diagnostic aids in resolving technical problems.
13. Strong communication skills.
14. Assists in coordination of changes, upgrades and new products, ensuring systems shall operate correctly in current and future environment.
15. Provides accurate and complete answers to general use and 35 administrative environment questions in a timely manner.
16. Implements shared software, such as operating systems, configuration management tools, application and development tools, testing tools, compilers, and code editors.
17. Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
18. Manages and reports time spent on all work activities.
19. Ability to work in a team environment.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience